https://fomapets.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/volunteer.jpeg 450 800 FOMA Team http://fomapets.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/foma-logo.svg FOMA Team2021-11-01 11:02:522023-03-15 11:48:38Volunteering: Get Involved Today!
Volunteering: Get Involved Today!
We love creating positive change for the animals in Miami-Dade County, but we’re often short-handed–which is why we need the help of others in the community. Volunteers are one of our greatest assets, and we depend on their assistance to continue our fight against animal homelessness and needless suffering. If you want to commit to making a change, read below to learn more about volunteering and how you can join the fight today.
Why You Should Volunteer With FoMA & MDAS:
- Improve Your Mood and Reduce Stress: Being around animals has been proven to lower stress levels and improve overall health. Keeping active when running around and playing with them is also good for your health. Owning a pet amplifies these effects, but by volunteering you still experience some health benefits while also improving the lives of animals in the shelter.
- Help Animals Who Really Need You: By volunteering to help animals in shelters, you are making a difference. When playing and spending time with homeless furry friends, you are enriching their lives and helping develop a sense of love and belonging before they find their forever homes. The impact you could make on their lives is huge. And we are pretty sure that you will find yourself positively impacted as well!
- We Need You, But More Importantly, the Animals Need You: Shelters cannot function without the help of volunteers. The number of animals brought to shelters daily continues to grow, especially as people struggle with the economic and other effects of the pandemic. We need your help to ease the burden on shelters, and to keep the animals happy and their lives enriched. If you want to make an impact, sign up to volunteer today!
How To Get Involved:
- Keep An Eye Out: Year-round we host various volunteer opportunities with some of our partners. In October we hosted our annual Volunteer Fair with Miami-Dade County Animal Services. This event served as an opportunity for people to come out and learn more about different volunteering needs and to sign up as volunteers. Check out our posts about the Volunteer Fair on social media. We will always promote any big volunteer events on those platforms, so make sure you’re following our social accounts to stay up to date!
- Visit Our Website: To sign up to volunteer, visit our website and fill out a quick form to help us pair you up with the most appropriate experience.
- Next Steps: When you sign up to volunteer with FoMA and Miami-Dade Animal Services, you are committing to the welfare of homeless and abandoned pets in our community. You will be required to participate in a short orientation and training, and then you will be on-boarded and ready to go! Once you have submitted your application and completed the training and on-boarding process, you can expect to create incredible memories and fall in love with multiple shelter babies. Don’t say we didn’t warn you 😉.